Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Speed work

YUCK. That is the first thing I think of when those two horrible words come to mind. And we start this Thursday. Double YUCK. We did a semi-tempo run last Thurs so this week it is intervals. Again, YUCK. The only thing I cling onto is the workout is fast and I get an extra half hour of sleep! Between 5 and 6am every second counts. So I will report on how the intervals go this week. The plan is to do either a tempo run or intervals every other week, it will help out in race times but will be hard for the training.

I feel like we are getting into a little bit of a rut and my mid-section is paying the consequences. I am going to try to be more regular with Pilates as that helps my running immensely. The nice thing is that we don't really have to up mileage for another couple of months. We are at about 26 miles a week or so and I feel comfortable with that for my base. Can't wait to start racing again...

No comments: