Thursday, January 3, 2008

New, New, New.

New year, new blog, new race team......I don't think I can handle all the change!

Coldest run of the season this morning, 5 miles at 19 degrees. Body temp was fine but my face was freezing at the beginning. I eventually warmed up and I feel like I will be able to handle this winter. The hardest part for me is getting out of the car at Gina's house. There is nothing better than a cold morning, running tights, and seat warmers.....mmmmmmm. But then you have to exit the car and start running, painful.

It is nice to spend time outside in the cold air and clear your lungs, I also love the ritual of dressing in the many layers required in the winter. Laying out the short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt, vest, jacket, tights, etc. the night before, checking the weather report to see the temperature in the morning. Those are all the things I love about winter running!

No comments: