Monday, January 28, 2008

Running Tights

I love my running tights. Seriously. I bought my first pair after my eldest child was born and I was looking for some running motivation. I would put them on in the morning and all it took was a couple horrific passes by a mirror and I would be out the door! Last winter I spent weeks looking for a couple more pairs. I bought an Under Armor pair from REI and ended up returning them because they would fall down the whole run. Now if you think it is annoying when hose fall down you have not run in tights that are falling down. NIGHTMARE!!!! Then I found some that worked and I was in love. I feel like I have a relationship with my tights. They are with me on the hard runs, the long runs, the freezing cold runs and they do their job well.

This is all background for today's events. My husband is out of town so running is on a when-I-can-fit-it-in basis. Today I had a babysitter for a few hours and I needed to go to the grocery store, visit a friend, and squeeze in a run. I decided it was best to do it in that order as well (partially because I had to go to the grocery store first as we had no toilet paper or apple juice in the house, yikes!). So I dressed for my run and left the house.

Long story short... I did not feel the love I normally have for my tights while grocery shopping with other fully clothed people. I found myself doubting one of my favorite articles of clothing. The rift between me and my tights is not permanent but I don't think I will be wearing them in a non-athletic situation any time in the future.

So for anyone in the Harris Teeter on Lee Highway at around 11:30am today, the woman in the tights doesn't think she is hot stuff...her husband is just out of town!

2 comments:

SeeMommyRunandBoxandCraft said...

OMG! I think I saw you!
Not really. But I'm sure you looked hot and I bet the sackers can't wait for your next grocery store run!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, cute! Don't live in Virgina, but I'm sure you were looking good. I love my Oiselle Running Knickers by the way.