Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Point Taken

So I learned my lesson this morning. Angie, remember all those times you told me about back to back hard workouts, and not having enough time to recover. Yeah, point taken this morning! Usually Gina, Allison and I swim on Mondays so our hard tempo run on Tuesday morning feels great. The pool is closed all week for spring break so yesterday I decided to go for an "easy" 5 miles and ended up at an 8:33 minute pace. I am such a dummy. About mile 2 of this morning's hard tempo run I thought I was going to die. The funny thing was my heart rate wasn't even that high, but my perceived effort was through the roof! Gina had mercy on me and went ahead the last 2 miles. Following her yellow reflective vest in the dim distance gave me the motivation I needed to finish.

So lesson of the day, when it is an easy day or a cross-training day, follow the rules! Even elite athletes follow the rules.....

Gotta go, my oldest son just walked in and told me my younger son is "trapped".....Great.......

No comments: