Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cross Country Trails

I talked about this run in the other post but a funny story....Has anyone seen the movie Juno? In the movie to show the passing of time they show a high school cross country team in their yellow singlets running past in different seasons. So let me set the scene of this run...I was running the cross country trails of my alma mater. These trails are through forest so you just see the trail in front of you and then woods all around. But the trails loop through the forest so while you only see your trail, there are others all around you. As I am running through this I keep seeing groups of 4-6 cross country team members in blue singlets running in the distant woods. I would be just running and then they would be there again for a second and then disappear. Hard to explain but it was hilarious!

The other conversation I was having in my head during this run went something like this:

Elizabeth passes a student,
"I wonder if they think I am a college student?"
"I still look like I am 20, right?"
"No, I probably look older to them."
"But I was a student just a couple years ago."
"Wait, no, I graduated almost 10 years ago."
"I am so old."
"Where have the years gone?"

End of run....

No comments: